The most important thing is to be aware of your surroundings no matter where you are, and no matter what you are doing.
Home security tips
- Lock your doors
- Invest in an external motion sensor system to light up your
- Invest in a basic home security system
- Learn about your neighborhood
- Keep your curtains closed on the main floor - they make it
harder to see in if someone is trying to figure out if you have
anything worth stealing.
Business security tips
- Keep the interior, front and rear entrances well lighted
- Always keep the rear and side doors locked
- Be sure your alarms are in good working order at all times
- Be sure that your video monitoring equipment is operating
- Provide training on the proper security procedures for closing
- Remove valuable merchandise from display windows
The key is to be proactive - look first and be aware of what and
who is around you.